Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Community in Turmoil Leads to a Heart Full of Prayer

If you are not aware of the recent events in our small town, maybe ignorance is truly bliss. I will not use this blog to describe the gruesome murder of a young local child or even go into my intense feelings about his murderer being released early for good behavior. Should you desire to know more details just search Jason Foreman. This news has gone national and will be easy to find. The intent of this blog is actually to bring attention to the pain, heartache, anger and fear that has taken over our little community. Even on days that it is not the topic on the news, at school pick-up or at the supermarket, it’s still there. So many people feel personally affected by this situation and it is being expressed in a myriad of ways. Some feel the need to let others know and to educate people on the circumstances in am attempt to try to change the pending outcome. Others feel the need to protect the victims, themselves, and their community and get angry. And still others have been overwhelmed with sadness or fear. I have to admit that I have been ebbing and flowing through each and every one of these emotions and maybe even some I couldn’t describe. The problem I face is the desire to do or change the outcome without the physical or mental capability. I have been racking my brain for a way to help and realized that the one thing that has been helping me to cope has been praying. Prayer has given me an outlet to express my fears, concerns, sadness, frustration and confusion to the author of all history…God. I have prayed for the Foreman family, my family, the legal process, the community and even the murderer. It is the only thing that has allowed my brain to rest. Leaving it all in the hands of God himself, is proving itself necessary. Shortly, after the town was notified, the earthquake/tsunami occurred in Japan and a whole new wave of confusion, anguish and sense of helplessness was felt. In response to it all and recognizing that each one of us is also dealing with hard stuff in our daily lives, we have decided to host a prayer circle on Wednesday April 6 at 6PM at Blessed Beginnings. For more information, see our website http://www.blessedbeginningsri.com/. All are welcome. If you can’t come but have a prayer request please email it
blessedbeginningsri@hotmail.com or leave us a message 401 782-3559 and it will be included.

No comments:

Post a Comment